
Sometimes I think I need to start having babies so that I stop treating these two like they are my kids. But I probably won't, so in the meantime I will just stick to my fur babies. I had dogs growing up, but due to a mom with germ issues, they always lived outside.
I got Oscar the Papillon when I was in college. Tay and I (boyfriend at the time, now husband) went to go "look" at him and it was truly love at first sight. When I saw the 1.5 pound of sweetness, I knew I couldn't live without him. He was an instant hit with my family and friends and though I am a bit biased, I've yet to meet someone who doesn't love my little guy. He is quiet, but when he has something to say he does his little bark as he lifts his head up to the air and makes the best face. He lives for treats, playing "im gunna getcha" (don't ask, really) and snuggling. He prefers to sleep under the covers, of course. Pure love.
Miss Georgie the Border Collie is a little more complicated. Some say that she is the neglected second child, but that is definitely not the case. She's just not as easy as Oz, so she doesn't get to do as many things in public. Georgie (aka Jo-Jo or Joey) was, well let's just say an impulse buy. I got her without Tay knowing, but now they are the best of friends. She is an amazing little athlete who is constantly wowing people with her Frisbee and catch skills, not to mention her repertoire of tricks. Many think she never stops, but those who really know her know that she is a giant love bug when she wants to be. I usually wake up with her laying in Tay's spot of the bed, head on pillow, legs in the air looking at me to scratch her belly. She loves to cuddle which is always nice on cold days. And I can't resist her adorable face and cute pink mouth.
And last but not least, Miss Zella.

This picture makes her look calm, but she is anything but calm. She runs around the house like a crazy sometimes, but she is one cool cat. She has even changed the opinions of a few of my cat-hating friends and family members. For those who say cats have no personality, I dare you to come spend a day with her and not report back to me otherwise. She is in L-O-V-E with Tay and sits on his lap anytime he's working on the computer.
I could ramble on, and on, and on, and on about my little guys but will just leave you with some cute pictures instead.

No comments:
Post a Comment